ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Joey Burrow commits to Ohio State

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

How will he stack up against Danny Clark and Torrance Gibson ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Danny Clark will be a junior in high school next fall.

Torrance Gibson now has Ohio State listed last on his choice of schools, which I believe he had 5 or 6 listed if I remember right.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

93Bulldog wrote:Danny Clark will be a junior in high school next fall.

Torrance Gibson now has Ohio State listed last on his choice of schools, which I believe he had 5 or 6 listed if I remember right.

Danny Clark will be a sophmore next fall He is class of 2017

Torrance Gibson has droped OSU down on his list he said he not sure if he will even visit OSU http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddhRP?utm_ ... recruiting

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

My first time to observe a JB game was when he was a sophomore. I have been a fan every since. I was very happy that he committed to OSU. Regardless of who his competition for QB at OSU will be, they will be some of the best QB's in the country. Taking it one year at a time, I hope he has a healthy and very successful senior season. I hope he enrolls early at OSU, but he is a teenager and if he chooses to stay in high school to finish his senior season that would be very understandable. The rest of his life will happen soon enough.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Just read that OSU has given up on Gibson and that JB will probably be the only QB taken in the 2015 class.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Just read that OSU has given up on Gibson and that JB will probably be the only QB taken in the 2015 class.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A lot of how a QB does in college depends on the QB coach.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:A lot of how a QB does in college depends on the QB coach.
Also early enrollment is very important!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Early enrollment does not matter if he is red shirted which is likely.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Early enrollment makes a huge difference redshirt or not, if he were to go early he could take part in spring practices next season and would gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and get tons of extra coaching. Would it make a big difference on his potential playing time next year, probably not but in his overall development it would be very valuable for the future.
Last edited by A-Town Big Dog on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

That being said, I'm more concerned about what he is going to do THIS fall as a Bulldog. He and his team have set some lofty goals for this upcoming season let's see how that turns out and save all of that Ohio State concerns until after. :-D

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

This is great! Way to go Joey Burrow! Can't wait to watch your career! I watched him play defense in the playoffs and it's obvious he would be the best player on the field at most positions not just QB. OSU will find a spot for him even if it isn't at QB!

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Postby Rocket Proud » May 28th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Congratulations from Wellston. Great news for the TVC. Two big ten players in three years.

Just curious... Who is the other?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jalen Prater from Wellston is at Northwestern.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Early enrollment makes a huge difference redshirt or not, if he were to go early he could take part in spring practices next season and would gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and get tons of extra coaching. Would it make a big difference on his potential playing time next year, probably not but in his overall development it would be very valuable for the future.
Agree with you.But there are ways to do both

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Early enrollment makes a huge difference redshirt or not, if he were to go early he could take part in spring practices next season and would gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and get tons of extra coaching. Would it make a big difference on his potential playing time next year, probably not but in his overall development it would be very valuable for the future.

Agreed and another congrats to a fine young man.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

pappy1 wrote:Just read that OSU has given up on Gibson and that JB will probably be the only QB taken in the 2015 class.
They haven't given up on Gibson. Gibson just confirmed he would be in Columbus Friday for Friday Night Lights.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

EXACTLY!!!!

fortdawg
All Conference

Burrow starts in "The Shoe".

Post by fortdawg »

I've seen people on here questioning if he has what it takes to, "Start in the Shoe". See ya all Thursday. :) GO CATS

Return to “Football”