2018/19 season

Post Reply
Rvfan
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:20 am

2018/19 season

Post by Rvfan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Now that football is almost over, whose ready to get into wrestling season! I know I am, sat at 1 too many cold and rainy football games, ready to sit in a hot gym from daybreak to sunset! :D



Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19400
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Orange and Brown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Nelsonville-York is set for another great season!
I look for another great showing at the state tournament and hopefully another state champion.
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am

Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 pm
Nelsonville-York is set for another great season!
I look for another great showing at the state tournament and hopefully another state champion.
Is McCollister really going heavy???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19400
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Orange and Brown » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am
Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 pm
Nelsonville-York is set for another great season!
I look for another great showing at the state tournament and hopefully another state champion.
Is McCollister really going heavy???
Yep
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am

Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am
Orange and Brown wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 pm
Nelsonville-York is set for another great season!
I look for another great showing at the state tournament and hopefully another state champion.
Is McCollister really going heavy???
Yep
The NY tournament is going to be wild this year...espeacialy at heavy. The heavy from Belpre and Vinton and Waterford will all be looking to prove a point. That is if belpre and vinton go. Not sure on those ones. Plus all the other good teams there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19400
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Orange and Brown » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 am

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am
Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am


Is McCollister really going heavy???
Yep
The NY tournament is going to be wild this year...espeacialy at heavy. The heavy from Belpre and Vinton and Waterford will all be looking to prove a point. That is if belpre and vinton go. Not sure on those ones. Plus all the other good teams there.
  • Alexander High School
    Belpre High School
    Bloom-Carroll
    Eastern
    Gallia Academy
    Jackson
    Jonathan Alder
    Maysville
    Morgan
    Nelsonville-York
    Newcomerstown
    North Union
    Northwestern
    Philo
    River Valley
    River Valley - Caledonia
    Steubenville
    Trimble
    Washington
    Waterford
    West Jefferson
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:52 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 am
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am
Orange and Brown wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am


Yep
The NY tournament is going to be wild this year...espeacialy at heavy. The heavy from Belpre and Vinton and Waterford will all be looking to prove a point. That is if belpre and vinton go. Not sure on those ones. Plus all the other good teams there.
  • Alexander High School
    Belpre High School
    Bloom-Carroll
    Eastern
    Gallia Academy
    Jackson
    Jonathan Alder
    Maysville
    Morgan
    Nelsonville-York
    Newcomerstown
    North Union
    Northwestern
    Philo
    River Valley
    River Valley - Caledonia
    Steubenville
    Trimble
    Washington
    Waterford
    West Jefferson
oh my were in for a predicament. Belpre senior pretty good(Dakota Ross) Bloom Carol im assumimg has a decent heavy. Jackson has a senior i believe. Jonathan Alder?? MAysville senior heavy DAyton graduated, morgan has a decent one only saw him once in an opener against waterford heavy. Wat won 9-0. McCollister, Stuebenville had a stater last year if remember right...not sure on washington/west jeff. Waterford heavy reynolds tore acl last year but should be solid... team wise NY always wins.

tric118
All State
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by tric118 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am

McCollister weighs 278 so yeah 285 is my guess. I think he will be even better at that weight with his lightweight technique and experience over the years.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by bbtrucking.inc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am

tric118 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am
McCollister weighs 278 so yeah 285 is my guess. I think he will be even better at that weight with his lightweight technique and experience over the years.
No he doesnt.... he wrestled 220 last year. how in the world did he gain that much??

tric118
All State
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by tric118 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 am

He is six 6'4" he is huge. His frame was already big he filled out. He actually came into last season at 255 and cut the 35lbs to make the team better.

svac83
All State
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by svac83 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Is this really the field for this years nelsonville York tourney? If so great job on a excellent field. This tourney had a really good field the first couple of years I attended. Then when everyone started moving things around because of team tourney field took a little step back. Was stil one of the best in southeast Ohio.

Looks like this field looks like they are getting back to that really strong field. I haven’t been last 2 years so it may have picked back u before now.

tric118
All State
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:10 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by tric118 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 am

yes it is here are the results from last year.

Steve Yinger Memorial Invitational - Nelsonville-York
Nelsonville-York High School, Nelsonville, OH
January 6, 2018

Team Score
1. Steubenville 375.5
2. Nelsonville-York 275.5
3. West Jefferson 211.0
4. Washington 168.0
5. Caledonia River Valley 161.5
6. Northwestern 156.0
7. Gallia Academy 150.0
8. Alexander 131.0
9. Newcomerstown 123.0
10. Maysville 106.0
11. Jonathan Alder 96.0
12. Philo 91.0
13. Belpre 84.0
14. Jackson 77.0
15. Bidwell River Valley 74.0
16. Bloom-Carroll 71.0
17. Meigs 54.0
18. Morgan 49.0
19. Trimble 33.0

wch125
All Conference
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 am

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by wch125 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

Very Well Run Tournament ! Good way to see where your kids are at lots of District an State level wrestlers usually competing for the top 4 spots

Meagle
Riding the Bench
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Meagle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Really privileged to be able to be apart of this great tournament this year. Will be a great experience, with hopefully several great performances, from our team.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19400
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am
tric118 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am
McCollister weighs 278 so yeah 285 is my guess. I think he will be even better at that weight with his lightweight technique and experience over the years.
No he doesnt.... he wrestled 220 last year. how in the world did he gain that much??
He cut 30 pounds after football season to wrestle at 220
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19400
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 2018/19 season

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am
tric118 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am
McCollister weighs 278 so yeah 285 is my guess. I think he will be even better at that weight with his lightweight technique and experience over the years.
No he doesnt.... he wrestled 220 last year. how in the world did he gain that much??
He cut 30 pounds after football season to wrestle at 220
Don is one of the most disaplined kids you will ever see when it comes to working out and getting ready.
He weighed closer to 265-270 at the start of the 2017 school year. Weighed around 250-255 at the end of the season and started cutting weight right after the loss to Kirtland week 14. He made weight in 2 weeks.
The 2019 payback tour is coming to a town near you soon!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Post Reply