High School Hammer

RVThrows
Waterboy

High School Hammer

Post by RVThrows »

Are there any high schools in southeastern Ohio that have any meets with Hammer throws? I have a thrower who is wanting to compete in some meets with hammer throw.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: High School Hammer

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The OATCCC competes in the weight throw during indoor. But, obviously, a slight difference from hammer.

The only meet in Ohio that I personally know of 100% is the Ohio State High School Hammer Championships that is the first weekend of June each year.

RVThrows
Waterboy

Post by RVThrows »

Indoor weight throw is very different from hammer. I know about the one at the state meet but have been told that the athlete has to have a mark from a high school meet. My athlete has been throwing hammer for 4 years and competing in the summer programs through the USATF but not sure if those marks can be used. This is his senior year and wants to be able to throw at the state meet in June. We found one meet at Morgan but looking for a couple more before seeing if he and his team can get into the meet at Morgan. I want to give the AD more than one meet since we are still trying to fill our track schedule for the year.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm a college throws coach these days, so I'm not completely in tune with the high school meets in the area anymore. But, I believe the HS meet at Muskingum used to have hammer, not sure if it does anymore.

RVThrows
Waterboy

Post by RVThrows »

My son is a college throwing coach and he said he thought there were some in the Cincinnati area and possibly around Cedarville but couldn't remember which high school. I was hoping there would be someone on here that could give me some school and I could make some phone calls. I believe John Glenn had it at one time and competed at Muskingum.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Over all I don't know a conference/League that has this in their meet. That isn't saying schools don't do the hammer. Washington C.H. does a certain event at their home meets,( don't know if they do it at everyone)
Last edited by noreply66 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

The Morgan Invitational has a hammer throw every year.

Return to “Track & Field”