A early Look at 2017 SVC

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

A early Look at 2017 SVC

Post by noreply66 »

Girls

Looks like Huntington and Piketon will be at the bottom this year. Both have a good chance to pick up points in 7/8 events. I would say Piketon has a little more depth and should average 4.3 to Huntington's 2.1 in the events they score in and finish at 7th

Huntington finished at the bottom, but Piketon was stronger than I thought and finished at #4

Adena and Paint Valley could fight for 5th. Each could place in around a dozen events. Wouldn't shock me if Paint Valley scores in less events but with a little more depth could finish ahead of Adena.

Well this was a turn around with Adena finishing ahead of Paint Valley

Southeastern should finish in 4th but if they don't bring their game for this meet they just might see Paint Valley finish ahead of them.

Southeastern didn't bring their game and it was Piketon jumping over them and not Paint Valley

Westfall looks to be a solid 3rd. This team could score in every event but few points in some. Even with a bad day from one of the top two teams I don't see them moving up.

Westfall did finish a strong 3rd ahead of Piketon

Unioto and Zane Trace will fight it out for the top spot. Neither one will score in all the events due to a couple weak events. Depending on what team can improve over the season in these events will pull the SVC Championship out. Field events might make the difference here allowing everything to come down to the 4x400.

This was far from being as close as I thought. As I watched during the season I thought Unioto was struggling but at championship time they were solid.

Boys

Huntington and Southeastern will fight for 7th place. Both teams have a good chance to score in 7/8 events. Southeastern looks to have the most depth between the two. The difference here might be a couple of event where Southeastern does real good.

Huntington did what I saw but Southeastern jump to 5th with Adena and Westfall falling back.

Westfall should take the 6th spot. Will score in many of the events but if they don't perform in about 5 events they might get shut out and allow Southeastern to over take them for the 6th spot.

Westfall fell back and Southeastern jump them as I said could happen

Piketon and Adena will go at each other for the 4th spot. Both should place in a dozen or more events. Piketon has two events where they will score big in but at the sametime there are three events where they look to pick up point might fall through. Between the two it looks like Adena has the advantage in depth. Don't see either one being able to finish in the top three.

Piketon took 4th but they didn't have the battle with Adena as I thought.

Paint Valley will finish in the 3rd spot. Should score in 13 events and average around 7.7 points in those events. Other than the 4 events where I think they will not score they have three other events that could fall in to this area. PV is good enough where they shouldn't have to worry about someone bumping them out of 3rd.

Paint Valley showed me wrong big time as they took 1st place by 2.5 points over Unioto

As in the girls meet Unioto and Zane Trace will fight for the Championship. Both will fall short of scoring in every event. Both teams have three events where they will score big in and both will have three events where they will score low in. Best hope here is it will come down to the 4x400 but I'm seeing ZT to have enough points that the finish in the 4x400 will not come into play.

Zane Trace wasn't as strong as I thought as they fell to 3rd

Thought it was the year for the girls from ZT and the boys too. But Unioto for the girls and Paint Valley for the boys stood on the top step in 2017...I'm now standing at 2 and 2

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: A early Look at 2017 SVC

Post by noreply66 »

predictions and the real story

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Track & Field”