A early look at 2017 SHAC

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

A early look at 2017 SHAC

Post by noreply66 »

Girls

Ripley look like they will be at the bottom this spring. Don't see too many points coming from this group. Might score in five events with a average of 1.0 per event.

Ripley makes it out of the cellar into the # 8 spot

North Adams and Fayetteville should battle for 8th place. Both will be pressed to score in more than eight events with Fayetteville looking to have the best chance to take the 8th spot with and average of 3.5 points in the events they will place in to North Adams 3.1.

Fayetteville finished in the # 10 spot. Just couldn't get things going to allow Ripley and West Union past them. North Adams showed they were strong enough to keep from falling lower.

West Union could take the 7th spot. Should place in 10 events with a average of 3.1

Really thought West Union had enough to finish higher as they finished 9th

Manchester tooks to be down from last season. 6th place should be where they finish with scoring in 9 or 10 events with an average of 4.8/b]

Also thought Manchester would be a little stronger

Whiteoak. I can see them finishing at the number 5 spot. If things drop off some they could be pasted by Manchester. Points will come from 10 events with a average of 5.7 per event.

Whiteoak didn't drop off ,they finish a spot higher than it looked like they would.

Peebles shouldn't have any problem finishing in the number 4 spot. Might only score in 9 events but their average in those events might be 7.9

Peebles fell somewhat into the # 5 spot

Lynchburg and Fairfield could battle for 2nd place. Both will score in 15/16 events. I will give Fairfield the advantage because of the distant races. If Lynchburg can up their runners in these races and finish a little stronger in the field event they might over take Fairfield

These two for awhile battled for the #1 Spot a little higher than I thought.

Eastern looks to be the front runner but not by enough to have a bad day and still come out on top. I can see them scoring in 14 events with a average of 9.3 in those events. A couple slip ups and a couple of outstand showing for Fairfield or Lynchburg could drop Eastern from the top.

Don't really know if Eastern had a bad day or Fairfield and a good day. Just couldn't see Eastern falling to 3rd.

Boys

North Adams will be hurting this year. Only see them gaining points in 4/5 events and those will be down near 2.5.

North Adams managed to pass Manchester and Ripley for the #8 spot

Manchester and West Union will fight for the 8th spot. Both should score in 7/8 events but I see Manchester having the edge with 5.7 to 3.0 allowing Manchester to take the 8th spot.

Manchester really dropped this spring and West Union perform a lot better than thought.

Fatetteville and Whiteoak will be close in the battle for 6th. Scoring will come from 10/11 events. I see Fayetteville having a little bit of an edge. 4.1 to 4.0 average in events.

6 points separated these two as Whiteoak came out 6 points better than Fayetteville to finish #6

Peebles will take the 5th spot without much fight. Will have a scoring average of 4.8 in the 10 events that looks like their best.

Peebles had a lot better team this year as they jump up to #3

Lynchburg and Ripley will go at it for 3rd. Both will score in 11/13 events with Ripley having the edge 5.1 to 6.9

Neither team did as well as thought. Ripley fell all the way to #9 and Lynchburg fell to 4th

Eastern will be a solid 2nd scoring in 11 events at an average of 8.5.

Eastern lost out on the championship by 2 points. Things went well for them in the championship meet.

Fairfield will come out early and will have no one pushing them the whole day. Looks like they have only one weak event but with a average of 10.7 points in the other 16 will have them running away with the SHAC

Fairfield had a fight on their hands in this meet. Eastern came to win but it went Fairfield's way.

Looking ahead here it looks like Eastern will have to be on top of their game to take the girls and Fairfield will have a easy time of it for the boys

Picked Eastern Girls and Fairfield boys to win but Leesburg takes both to have me at 6 and 4
Last edited by noreply66 on Sat May 20, 2017 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
domain master
Freshman Team

Re: A early look at 2017 SHAC

Post by domain master »

Its Fairfield who is in the SHAC, not Fairland!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I know that and seemed to always put Fairland in both leagues....OVC/SHAC

Thanks

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

No problem. Enjoy reading your early look at the SHAC. Having been to quite a few SHAC last year, your assessment is spot on. Fairfield boys are strong (4th at state XC), and look for Eastern Brown and Fairfield to battle for the girls.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

prediction and how they finished

Return to “Track & Field”