A early Look at 2017 OVC

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

A early Look at 2017 OVC

Post by noreply66 »

Girls

Looks like Ironton and South Point will struggle in 2017. Both will fight to stay out of the cellar. I can see both teams scoring in 10 plus events with Ironton picking up an average of 2.8 points in the events they place in and South Point having a average of 2.3.

South Point finished at the bottom but the girls from Ironton came through to finish 5th

Portsmouth, Chesapeake and Rock Hill should fight for 4th place. All three teams should score in 12 or 13 events. Portsmouth looks to have the edge here with scoring an average of 5.5 point in the events they place in and Chesapeake at 4.8 and Rock Hill with 4.5. Look for a difference in scoring to be within 15 points between the three.

Out of these three Portsmouth took 4th place Rock Hill finished a place higher than I thought at number 6 with Chesapeake at 7th. Portsmouth more than double their point difference over the other teams than I predicted.

Dawson-Bryant should finish a solid third with scoring in 14 events with an average of 7.5 points in those events. Will probably score around 30 points more than the 4th place team but close to 50 to 60 points behind 1st and 2nd.

Dawson- Bryant finished 4th only 1.50 ahead of Portsmouth. This was a lot different than I said, but the points behind 1st and 2nd was 48 to 52.

Gallipolis and Fairland will be the class of OVC track this spring. A lot depends on how much their freshmen will beable to help. I can see both teams scoring in 14 plus events with Gallipolis averaging 11.0 to Fairland's 10.6. The thing here is Gallipolis might fail to score in a couple field events to allow Fairland to pull out the Championship.

Fairland pulls this championship out. One big choke or one big upset in any event could have had the Gallia girls on the top step.

Boys

Ironton still continues to struggle with their track program. Probably will not score in any more than 10 events with an average of 4.2 in the ones they do. Will finish 20/25 points behind 6th and 7th place.

Ironton finished at the bottom being farther behind than I thought the would.

South Point and Dawson-Bryant will fight it out for 6th place. Both should score in 10 plus events with South Point averaging 4.9 and Dawson-Bryant 4.5. South Point looks to have a better chance to score in more events and should take the 6th spot.

Dawson-Bryant finished a little better than I predicted but South Point came in 7th

Portsmouth and Rock Hill are right in the middle of the pack. I see both teams scoring in 13/14 events with Rock Hill having the edge in point average of 5.3 to 5.2 But I will say Portsmouth will score in more events to take 4th. This could go the other way because it looks like 5 points could separate the two.

The boys from Portsmouth came through with a strong showing to jump to 3rd. Rock Hill finish 24 points back of the Trojans to land in 4th

Chesapeake and Gallipolis will fight to see take second place. If you keep score during this meet the two will be neck and neck all day. Gallipolis will score in more events at a average of 6.8 for those events, but Chesapeake will average 7.9 in the events they score in. I'm going to say these two will finish in a tie for 2nd.

I was big time wrong about Chesapeake as they fell to 6th place 40 plus points back of 2nd place Gallia.

Fairland will score in every event with a chance for 1st and 2nd in a couple events. They just might average over 10 points in each event. I can see Fairland winning over the 2nd spot by 65/70 points.

Fairland won big time as I figured. They didn't average the 10 points per event as I thought but 8.7 is real close

What I see here with the Girls and Boys is that Fairland will take the boys and girls mainly because of their depth in the field events.

With both boys and girls winning the OVC championship from Fairland I'm standing at 2 and 0

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: A early Look at 2017 OVC

Post by noreply66 »

Predictions and what really happen in the OVC for 2017

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Track & Field”