Quitting A Sport

theassassin
All State

Quitting A Sport

Post by theassassin »

let's hear your opinions here.
Should a kid be allowed to quit one sport (during season) and start preparing for another sport? ex: quitting football to prepare for basketball.

Should a kid be allowed to quit one sport and join another sport during the same season? ex: quitting basketball and joining wrestling.

runningwild12
Waterboy

Re: Quitting A Sport

Post by runningwild12 »

well i think it would depend on the situation the kid is in. say the kid isn't getting much playing time on the basketball team and would be able to step right in and wrestle, i think it would be fine.

Burg Track and CC Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Track and CC Fan »

Wheelersburg has a rule, that if you make a team and compete or on the team after the first competition, you are not allowed to quit and go to another sport. Example, if you quit football you cannot go to open gym for basketball until football is over.

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

I think you should be able to prepare for another sport or tryout for another sport at the same time or ever do both at the same time... but quitting in the middle of the season is unfair too the teams he was gone to rely on you and the kid that might lose playtime because of you.

Return to “Track & Field”