4-29 @ Eastern HS

Hopper 11
JV Team

4-29 @ Eastern HS

Post by Hopper 11 »

What teams are going to be at this meet?

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Re: 4-29 @ Eastern HS

Post by PushMePullYou »

I think Alexander is going to be there...

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

South Gallia will be there

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

RV willbe there. It says its a quad on the schedule, but I don't know for sure.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Yes, I believe that Alexander, Waterford, River Valley, and Eastern ran.

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

Any results posted yet?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

100m girls-Wolfe-Meigs
100m boys-Fisher-Meigs
1600 girls-Skidmore-Alex
1600 boys-Roseberry-Southern
3200 girls I think Skidmore-Alex
3200boys and 800-I think Waterford won, thats all I can remember.
You would think The Daily Sentinel would post results , seeing how every school in the county were in this meet. Last week I had to get a Messenger to get the results from Fed Hock with all three local schools. PushMePullYou-Maybe someone from Eastern can post the results on here for you.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Did Tornes of Waterford go head to head with Skidmore in the 1600 or 3200?

runmuch
Waterboy

Post by runmuch »

i believe that they did in both races..However Skidmore was behind a god ways in the 3200 untill about the last lap.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Wow! That must of been some race. Does anyone have the times? Before this I was thinking that Tornes was the best distance runner in SE Ohio.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The Daily Sentinel wasn't there.

Track Coverage is an issue for Gallia County as well. I don't know if you all know how the papers are set up or not but I'll fill you in just in case.

The Sentinel, Gallipolis Tribune and Point Pleasant Register are printed and put together all in Gallipolis but all three have their separate offices. They try to share stuff back and forth in most of the sports, but Track in not a priority in Gallia County so there is a bit of a trickle down effect.

We in Gallia County have tried to talk to the people in charge about it and nobody cared. Maybe the Meigs Countians can get a hold of Charlene Hoeflich (the Sentinel's editor) and talked to her about it.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

MttaFan wrote:Wow! That must of been some race. Does anyone have the times? Before this I was thinking that Tornes was the best distance runner in SE Ohio.

Are you serious!
Nothing against Tornes, but how were you thinking that she was the best distance runner in SEO, if she has never even ran a cross country meet? And Skidmore has made three trips to the state meet in cross country, finishing top 15 the past two year. Shes also finished ahead of Tornes in every year they have raced in the 3200m at State in track.
And what about Adkins. She has made several trips to the podium in both Cross and Track. Even a 2nd place finish in the 3200.
So, I would rank Tornes a distant 3rd behing those two. Its even hard for me to consider her a distance runner if she has never ran cross country. But, Im not taking away from her running ability, she has had some great times.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

The Daily Sentinel usually prints 2 or more baseball and softball pictures just about every day. It really dosent seem like a lot to ask to at least have some results of a track meet or two. An occasional photo would be nice. Track kids work just as hard as anyone and deserve a little coverage!

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

Good point and thanks....I looked it up and you are right that Skidmore beat Tornes by 8 seconds in the 3200 at state last year.

Early in the year I saw Skidmore run 12:20 something at Meadowbrook and Tornes go 11:49 at Parkersburg and made a false comparison based on times. It would have been great to see Tornes and Drayer run CC, but I'm told they are outstanding volleyball players.

Would be fun to watch Skidmore, Adkins, and Tornes together in one race.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

If Adkins is completely healthy - she wins that one.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

MttaFan wrote:Good point and thanks....I looked it up and you are right that Skidmore beat Tornes by 8 seconds in the 3200 at state last year.

Early in the year I saw Skidmore run 12:20 something at Meadowbrook and Tornes go 11:49 at Parkersburg and made a false comparison based on times. It would have been great to see Tornes and Drayer run CC, but I'm told they are outstanding volleyball players.

Would be fun to watch Skidmore, Adkins, and Tornes together in one race.

Look at the results from Skidmores freshman year. She ran a near 30 seconds ahead of Tornes in the state meet. She got fourth. To bad those three never race each other. Skidmore and Adkins race each other sparingly in Cross Country its pretty much split on who wins.
I guess those two girls made the choice that they liked volleyball better. But, in the realm of things, if they wanted a to play a sport in college, they should of ran cross country. Distance runners are not recruiting by track, but usually from cross country. I guess they didnt really truely love running. Or else they would of ran cross.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Purple Helmet- That is a poor excuse. You have all 3 county schools in a meet in the county and someone can't take one day and go cover this. As far as getting results, how about someone from the newspaper pick up the phone and have someone from the school hosting the event fax them the results. I buy a local paper for local news, this is local news. It is the paper's JOB to report the local news.

bballlover
Waterboy

Post by bballlover »

just because these distance runners do not run CC does not mean that they don't take track seriously. Isnt it amazing how these girls dont have to run CC to exel in track and they also give competition to those who do run CC. they have also made state appearances

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

They must not truely love the sport then. So, why run?

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Well Gee, let's see, if I liked volleyball better than cross country I would play volleyball. Why run track? If I could still do well at track (and I think it is safe to say that Drayer and Tornes both do well at track) without running cross country, why not run track? These girls both give their team a lot of points with their finishes as well as get really good times, not to mention both girls have been to state in track. If you think that you can't get a track scholarship without running cross country you better think again because both of these girls have received letters from some really good schools about running track.

Return to “Track & Field”