byesville regional jumping areas

jumphigh
Varsity

byesville regional jumping areas

Post by jumphigh »

I am looking for some information about the jumping areas at the venue. How large is the blacktop area for the high jump. I have a good jumper who becomes average when he has to take more than 1 step out of the grass.

How are the pole vault matts? do the buns extend just to the front of the box or do they extend several feet infront of the box to give the vaulters the under feeling?

How big is the long jump board, I have seen boards from 6 inched to 18 inches this season and I know that a mark is a mark is a mark, but I want to prepare my kids to the best of my ability.
I know regionals are a long way off, but I

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Re: byesville regional jumping areas

Post by d-5 »

Somone who knows said the blacktop area for high jump is large enough,no problems the long jump is ok also.Not sure on the pole vault he has never tried it,but given the chance knowing him he would try.Hope that helps some

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

The long jump can be ran from either east or west. The pole vault is to the south going in the direction of the main stands. The high jump is on the west end of the stadium, jumping west. All three facilities are great, although your jumper will probably be in the grass for the high jump.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Thats very helpful. I am hoping to find out how far it actaully from the front of the high jump to the edge of the grass. This way when I have some training time I can move my matts an simulate to conditions he will be jumping in at the regional meet.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Did the link to the pictures work :?:

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Yes the pictures were very helpfull. I see that the board is about 8 inches, the pole vault is standard high school size. It looks like the high area is about 45 ft deep. Now I can begin to prepare my athletes..

Return to “Track & Field”