distrct question

bballrh
Waterboy

distrct question

Post by bballrh »

Is there any kind of award for track like all district in football, cross country and other sports?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

For track it will go as they finish--Like the top four will get all-District and so on

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

There is no district award per say all the top four gets is a trip to the Regional.Top eight there gets you a medal.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

In Cross Country they hold an all District Banquet after the season, giving out awards such as runner of the year or coach of the year in that particualr district. I can not remember if they do this for track and field or not.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
uhs_coach
Waterboy

Post by uhs_coach »

Yes it is done for track in the spring. We have an all-district banquet each year after the season.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

hey coach, why wasnt i invited!!? haha

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
uhs_coach
Waterboy

Post by uhs_coach »

If you are who I think you are, you were invited...when you didn't show I gave your plaque to your coach last aummer.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

At the end of the OVC meet do all top 4 finishers get all district? Last year the one mile and two mile was only the top one person to place all OVC.[/b]

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Pigskin,

All-district is given by the Southeast district's coaches association (SEOTCA). In order to be all-district, the competitor must either be the district champion or qualify to the state meet. Then of course to promote membership within the organization, the athlete's coach must also be a member of the organization.

It is a league decision as to who is considered all-league.

Return to “Track & Field”