2008 SEOAL MEET

coach k
Freshman Team

Re: 2008 SEOAL MEET

Post by coach k »

GAHSNOW,

That's good to know, because we were planning on coming again this year. Why is it not being held this year?

I will start another topic about CC schedules.

Thatotherguy
Freshman Team

Post by Thatotherguy »

SEOAL at warren hmmmm!?!?! The corse is one of the toughest I have every ran times will be slow for a league meet. That ditch is the dumb, sure the spectators love it and kids have fun, but really is it worth risking an injury or loseing a $70 shoe for.

I see weefy all alone this year. The race will be for second between Rue and Richards most likely. I put my money on Richard due to home course advantage and being the stronger runner witch the course favors. For team title I pick ETTA. They have more of there team back than warren and also have that fast kid from Jr high coming up. He imo has great potental to be next distance star for the SEOAL cross and track.

Also I look forward to seeing how H. Richards dose on the girls side could she win it her freshman year? :shock:

The Prodigy
Waterboy

Post by The Prodigy »

Thatotherguy,

The SEOAL meet will be an exciting one at Warren this year. Coach Hoffman did a great job on the new design (which excludes running on the track and parking lot). The course is acctually easier than its been in previous years. Sure, times were slow last year but it was only the second meet of the year and barely into the month of September. Wieferich is obviously the man to beat this year, but he might have to sweat a little bit to win it. He or the rest of his team won't be handed that expected league title on Warren's course. Warren has a solid base with the three seniors, and junior Jared Cantley. As for Richards, he left himself standing on the sidelines at Jesse Owens this year in track after finishing up a less than average cross-country season. He will be better than you might expect.

I'm disappointed, I would expect better from you.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Warren's course is nice, but that one ditch is just plain ridiculous. The other ditch is OK but too narrow for more than one runner to pass at once. Too much emphasis is placed on the ditches....it's almost like Logan's Big Chief hill.......anyways.....my prediction is for the boys: Team: 1st-Marietta with Warren a close second. Individual: 1st Weiferich 2nd Richards (even though I like that Wesel kid). Girls: Team: it will come down to Marietta and Gallia again for the 4th year in a row. Gallia will be much stronger with the addition of P Adkins and 2 returnees from 2 years ago who were in the top 5. I think Marietta has everyone back from last year. Individual: I'm a little biased, but I think L Adkins will win her 4th league championship and somebody in blue will be second and third and fourth.

JoeRoberts
Waterboy

Post by JoeRoberts »

Not trying to raise a ruckus folks - just that courses come in all shapes and sizes, and there's too much focus on the creek. It could be worse:

http://www.collectinghistory.net/casey/2007wild&wet/
Last edited by JoeRoberts on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

You Go Joe!!!!!!!!!

What he said!!!!!

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

Been to a lot of courses myself....and a few that JR hs mentioned....including National USATF and AAU meets and the All Ohio and Lancaster. I hardly think that there are courses 10 times wider and 10 times deeper than Warren's or you just might need a tractor to pull some of these kids out. By the way, we're still missing a little jr high kid.....can you check your creek to see if he's still in there?

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

well said coach.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

This thread got too crazy. People are being way too oversensitive. I just want to say that I'm not hiding behind a username......I think everyone on here knows who I am and I don't care. I don't see where anyone said Warren's coach was ridiculous or dumb or anything remotely close to that. What was said was in reference to a ditch. Also, what was said was that it was a nice course.......and it is one of the nicest courses around and taking away the parking lot and track was quite an improvement. On a side note, I don't think you could find one forum that posters aren't posting predictions. Nobody should take them seriously....anything could happen (nobody knows this better than me)

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

GAHSNOW wrote:This thread got too crazy. People are being way too oversensitive. I just want to say that I'm not hiding behind a username......I think everyone on here knows who I am and I don't care. I don't see where anyone said Warren's coach was ridiculous or dumb or anything remotely close to that. What was said was in reference to a ditch. Also, what was said was that it was a nice course.......and it is one of the nicest courses around and taking away the parking lot and track was quite an improvement. On a side note, I don't think you could find one forum that posters aren't posting predictions. Nobody should take them seriously....anything could happen (nobody knows this better than me)

come on guys be nice to each other. if you dont like the course that warren has then just dont good. kids like to run course that are like that. if you are smart when you are running then know one will get hurt. just go and have fun when you are running.

Return to “Cross Country”