Search found 1485 matches

by Fonzie
Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 5/22 Clay v Southern
Replies: 17
Views: 1243

Re: 5/22 Clay v Southern

If his arm was sore or he was in discomfort, kudos to Southern's coach for making the change. I've been around a lot of baseball and some coaches would ask you to stick it out and get another inning or two. I might find myself rooting for Southern a little more now.
by Fonzie
Tue May 14, 2019 8:01 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: TVC championship game?
Replies: 6
Views: 956

Re: TVC championship game?

I think I read somewhere that Southern defeated Athens. That represents the Hocking well! I believe Eastern is a better ball club than Southern, so it stands to reason that Eastern might have had some success against Athens as well. One thing I know about baseball is that it is a crazy game, and eve...
by Fonzie
Wed May 08, 2019 10:12 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?
Replies: 28
Views: 1699

Re: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?

I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen or it doesn't work. But it is certainly not for everybody. In my experience, a lot of the fun was in figuring out how to get people out. If a coach had been telling me what to throw, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed pitching as much and might not have played a...
by Fonzie
Mon May 06, 2019 9:30 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?
Replies: 28
Views: 1699

Re: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?

I was not an ace, but I generally knew what I got people out with earlier in the game. This isn't something that's beyond the capabilities of a high school pitcher. Teach them how to pitch and let them use their instincts. I would love to believe this was true. Kids instincts tell them to throw jun...
by Fonzie
Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?
Replies: 28
Views: 1699

Re: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?

I think most coaches call pitches simply because they keep track of what pitches have been thrown to each batter. You don't want a catcher guessing about what was thrown last time. If the pitcher doesn't throw a single curveball 1st time thru the order but is effective, then next time thru you're s...
by Fonzie
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:54 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?
Replies: 28
Views: 1699

Re: Is the Pitch Count Rule Hurting the Game?

As stated above I think most programs were using some form of pitch control prior to the implementation of the rule by OHSAA, whether it was a true count or innings worked or just monitoring the starts and days between rest. Obviously there was a need for a point of emphasis in OHSAA's mind in orde...
by Fonzie
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Eastern vs Waterford controversy
Replies: 45
Views: 2510

Re: Eastern vs Waterford controversy

That is part of the game. In my opinion, if Eastern's coach did in fact have that meeting with the umpire to try and get the darkness call, then he is doing his job well. Aren't coaches supposed to put their team in the best position to win? If that is the case, then getting them the extra time, ma...
by Fonzie
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:46 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 2019 OVC
Replies: 37
Views: 5029

Re: 2019 OVC

Gallia Academy has impressed me thus far. Faro is by far the best pitcher in the league, but the guy who will be filling his shoes in the upcoming years has had a great start to this season. Zane Loveday gives Gallia another lefty to really have a chance at running the table in the league.
by Fonzie
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:44 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Eastern vs Waterford controversy
Replies: 45
Views: 2510

Re: Eastern vs Waterford controversy

That is part of the game. In my opinion, if Eastern's coach did in fact have that meeting with the umpire to try and get the darkness call, then he is doing his job well. Aren't coaches supposed to put their team in the best position to win? If that is the case, then getting them the extra time, may...
by Fonzie
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:17 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Schedule & results: 4/1
Replies: 27
Views: 1628

Re: Schedule & results: 4/1

Meigs wins 4-0 against River Valley in 9 innings. Briar Wolfe was the winning pitcher. Kemper was terrific for the Raiders, not giving up a hit on the mound. Very solid effort for the young Raider team. Young Raider team? Their are 7 seniors on the roster. Meigs has 1. How many of the 7 play?
by Fonzie
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 3/27 Scores & Results
Replies: 17
Views: 1284

Re: 3/27 Scores & Results

BlizzardMan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:40 am
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 am
MTSWNGRVSG wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:36 pm
Gallia Academy 2
Athens 1
Did i read where a freshman lefty for Gallia got the win in 6 innings of work?
Yes. Zane Loveday, formerly known as "Zack's little brother." Think he could make his own name on the diamond.
Kudos to him
by Fonzie
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 3/27 Scores & Results
Replies: 17
Views: 1284

Re: 3/27 Scores & Results

MTSWNGRVSG wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:36 pm
Gallia Academy 2
Athens 1
Did i read where a freshman lefty for Gallia got the win in 6 innings of work?
by Fonzie
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:05 pm
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 2019 TVC-Ohio
Replies: 35
Views: 4002

Re: 2019 TVC-Ohio

1.Athens - best talent and depth in the conference. 2. Alexander - very young team, but has some talent. I am hoping this is not a rose-colored glasses predition. 3. Meigs - always well coached 4. Vinton county - really came on strong last year with some transfers and getting healthy 5. Wellston - ...
by Fonzie
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:00 pm
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Miller's Trey Hettich: 17 K's, one game
Replies: 13
Views: 1110

Re: Miller's Trey Hettich: 17 K's, one game

Southern had a kid a few years back that had 17 or 18 K's against South Gallia. Thought that was a heck of a lot of strikeouts then, and still think the same now. Congrats to the kid!
by Fonzie
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: 2019 OVC
Replies: 37
Views: 5029

Re: 2019 OVC

Cbbuckeye wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Road to the OVC goes threw RH. They have 7 returning starters with 3 of their top 4 Pitchers back. Faro is probly best pitcher in the league but 1 player doesn’t win the league. JMO
I agree with you completely.
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Scrimmage Results
Replies: 27
Views: 2819

Scrimmage Results

Post them. Score or any information from the scrimmage.
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:07 pm
Forum: Football
Topic: TVC Hocking next years top dog??
Replies: 11
Views: 1089

Re: TVC Hocking next years top dog??

Call me arrogant if you want, but I don't see any team staying within 3 scores of Trimble in the Hocking I don't think you're arrogant. I think there is a high probability that you're right. Only way you are wrong is if there is an upset where Trimble loses (which is highly unlikely). I don't see T...
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm
Forum: Football
Topic: Next Meigs Football Coach
Replies: 65
Views: 6515

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

Just wondering if a teacher or school employee applies for the job, if they have to be given the job.
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am
Forum: Football
Topic: Next Meigs Football Coach
Replies: 65
Views: 6515

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

Do schools still have it in teacher contracts that they have first dibs at coaching jobs over outside applicants?
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 am
Forum: Football
Topic: Next Meigs Football Coach
Replies: 65
Views: 6515

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone els...
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 am
Forum: Football
Topic: TVC Hocking next years top dog??
Replies: 11
Views: 1089

Re: TVC Hocking next years top dog??

My thoughts on this topic, it shouldn't be a discussion. Trimble is the top dog until someone knocks them off their throne. End of discussion.
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 am
Forum: Football
Topic: Next Meigs Football Coach
Replies: 65
Views: 6515

Re: Next Meigs Football Coach

I believe there are some very good applicants for the job. The latest I have heard is a guy that has coached in Meigs County in the past, has also coached in WV in the past. I am going to leave a name out of this post, only because my source hasn't been the most reliable in the past. If someone else...
by Fonzie
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: What is everyone’s opinion on Britt Dodson?
Replies: 9
Views: 1627

Re: What is everyone’s opinion on Britt Dodson?

I hope the Marauders have a good season, just to shut up the guy who started this thread. No reason to dog the guy, give him a chance. Fonzie, let's just start hijacking his threads asking people's opinions on him. I don't want to lower myself to his antics. Not worth the time and effort involved.
by Fonzie
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: What is everyone’s opinion on Britt Dodson?
Replies: 9
Views: 1627

Re: What is everyone’s opinion on Britt Dodson?

I hope the Marauders have a good season, just to shut up the guy who started this thread. No reason to dog the guy, give him a chance.
by Fonzie
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 am
Forum: Baseball
Topic: Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search
Replies: 32
Views: 4597

Re: Meigs Head Baseball Coach Search

Well, Coach Dodson took on the job and was apparently the most qualified to coach. If people have a problem with his choices, maybe they should have coached themselves. Andrew is a pretty good ballplayer anyway. He will definitely be needed to pitch at the varsity level. With the pitch count rule b...

Go to advanced search